What is Omega’s standard warranty?
Many Omega products feature warranties beyond industry standards. It’s our way of saying, 'Thank you for choosing Omega.' Omega stands behind its products 100%, because Omega products stand up to your expectations. Our precision engineering and manufacturing ensure that your process will run smoothly with our equipment. Warranties are product specific and are available with the product.
What is Omega’s Warranty/Disclaimer Statement?
Omega’s Warranty/Disclaimer states the following:
- The Supplier Warrants that all Products shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from delivery to the Buyer, or such other period, If any, as specified in the Product specific warranty typically supplied with the Product, provided, however, that the Supplier does not warrant that operation of the Software (defined in Clause14) will be uninterrupted or error free or that all program errors will be corrected. The Buyer shall be responsible for determining that the Product is suitable for the Buyer’s use and that such use complies with any applicable law.
- The Supplier warrants that it shall perform the Services substantially in accordance with the Proposal and with reasonable skill and care.
- Provided that the Buyer notifies the Supplier in writing of any claimed defect in the Product immediately upon discovery and any such Product is returned at the Buyer’s risk to the Supplier, transportation charges prepaid, within one year from date of delivery and upon examination the Supplier determines to its satisfaction, after a reasonable period to inspect such Products, that such Product is defective in material or workmanship, the Supplier shall, at its option, repair or replace the Product, shipment to the Buyer prepaid.
- The Supplier shall have a reasonable time to make such repairs or to replace such Product. Any repair or replacement of Products shall not extend the period of warranty. This warranty is limited to a period of one year, or such other period, if any, as specified in the Product specific warranty typically supplied with the Product, without regard to whether any claimed defects were discoverable or latent on delivery.
- Services which do not conform with the warranty under Section 2 and which are notified to the Supplier within 10 days of the Buyer becoming aware of the same, and in any event no later than 2 months after the date on which the Services were performed, shall, if the Supplier agrees they were non-conforming, be re-performed as soon as reasonably practicable after the Supplier’s receipt of notice of the non-confirming Services, If the Supplier fails to rectify any deficient performance of the Services, the Buyer’s sole remedy shall be reimbursement of that portion of the fees attributable to the Services concerned.
- The Supplier shall not be liable for the breach of the warranty in respect of Products supplied if:
- the Buyer makes further use of such Products after giving the notice required in Section 3;
- the defect or failure arises from the Buyer’s own fault;
- the defect arises from any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Buyer or from other materials or other property supplied by the Buyer or from any parts or items that have not been completely manufactured by the Supplier;
- the defect arises other than out of manufacture including without limitation, circumstances of accident, misuse, unforeseeable use, neglect, alteration, improper installation, improper adjustment, improper repair, or improper testing;
- the defect arises out of the use of the Products in conjunction with products or materials not reasonably contemplated by the Supplier;
- the failure or defect results from the Buyer’s unauthorised addition to or modification of, or failure to comply with the Supplier’s written instructions relating to, the Products or Services;
- and the failure or defect arises out of any breach by the Buyer of its obligations to provide information to the Supplier under this Agreement.
- If the Buyer fails to pay when due any portion of any payment due from the Buyer to the Supplier under a Contract or otherwise, all warranties and remedies granted under this section may, at the Supplier’s option, be terminated.
- THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES APPLY ONLY TO THE BUYER, AS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, AND ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SUPPLIER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY, AND THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR BREACH OF THE WARRANTIES IN THIS SECTION 12 SHALL BE AS SET FORTH IN SUBSECTION 3 AND 5 HEREOF.