The PX832 is a durable, accurate, fixed range transmitter designed to give years of stable performance in even the toughest environmental and media conditions. The small size and lightweight of the PX832 eliminates the need for complicated mounting hardware and mechanical supports, thereby reducing installation time substantially. The in-line connection permits simple field wiring without the need for additional hardware, adding to the speed and ease of installation.
It provides a 1 to 5 Vdc output and requires less than 30 milliwatts of power to operate. The combination of low power requirement, small size, excellent performance and low price make the PX832 transducer ideal for critical outdoor, solar / battery powered applications. The PX832 requires 8-14 Vdc excitation and is available in pressure ranges from 15 to 5,000 psi.
With its all welded design, the PX832 is weatherproof and capable of withstanding a direct spray with forces up to 200 psi without internal leakage. All 316 stainless steel housing and wetted parts make it compatible with corrosive media and hazardous environments. The PX832 is designed to meet FM explosion-proof ratings and NACE standards for offshore requirements.
SPECIFICATIONS Excitation: 8 to 14 Vdc Output: 1 to 6 Vdc (3 wire) Accuracy: ±0.3% of span @ 25°C (includes linearity, hysteresis, and repeatability) Zero Offset: 1 Vdc ±1% of span Span: 4 Vdc ±1% of span Storage Temperature: -40 to 100°C (-40 to 212°F) Process Temperature: -40 to 100°C (-40 to 212°F) Ambient Temperature: -40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F) Thermal Effects: (Zero and span combined) ±2% per 28°C (50°F) between -40 to 60°C (-40 to 140°F) Proof Pressure: 300% of rated pressure Humidity Limits: 0 to 100% RH Vibration Effect: ± 0.1% FS for 3 g to 200Hz Housing: 316 stainless steel, NEMA-4 rated Wetted Parts: 316 L stainless steel Fill Fluid: DC 200 silicone Process Connection: 1/2 NPT female Electrical Connection: 24', 22 AWG cable with 3/4 NPT female conduit port Weight: 374 g (0.87 lb) Approvals: Factory Mutual: Explosion-proof for Class I, Division I, Groups B, C and D; Class II Groups E, F and G; and Class III Hazardous Locations and Indoor and Outdoor NEMA 4 (IP65) Enclosure Canadian Standards Association: Explosion-proof for Class I, Division I, Groups B, C and D; Class II Groups E, F and G; and Class III Hazardous Locations and meets CSA requirements for Enclosure 4