Nextel or Silica Insulated Thermocouple Duplex WireHigh Temperature Thermocouple Wire with Nextel or Silica Yarn Fiber Insulation
Please add to cart to keep it or exit the configuration
- Ceramic Insulation Material is Overbraided on Std or SLE grade Wire
- XC :Nextel 312 standard, rated to 1200°C (2200°F) Continuous, 1425°C (2600°F) Short Term
- XS: Silica Yarn, rated to 1050°C (1900°F) Continuous
- XR: Refrasil Vitreous Silica Fiber, suitable to 982°C (1800°F)
- XC4:Nextel 440, rated to 1375°C (2500°F) Continuous, and 1550°C (2800°F) Short Term
- Thermocouple Color Tracers on Jacket and Conductors
- Inconel 600 or 304SS Overbraid will add Durability
Edit OptionsView all models
Not all combinations are valid. Options compatible with previous selections will be in bold.
*Highlighted options are not compatible. Please select a different combination.
- Use With Sensor Type Thermocouple
Nextel insulation a high temperature ceramic is offered with in three types of overbraiding. XC is the standard braid, XT is a tight braid and XL is a loose braid. The three braids affect only the amount of Nextel used, not the overall temperature rating. Insulation is braided over each wire or leg then a final jacket of the same insulation is braided over the pair of wires.XC4: Nextel 440 insulation has the highest temperature rating to 1375C (2500F)
Silica insulation is a high purity (SiO2 > 99%) ceramic yarn, that offers high temperature protection up to 2000°F at an economical price. Refrasil insulation is a vitreous silica fiber.
Inconel 600 ,304SS or Tinned Copper can be added and overbraided as the outer jacket over the Nextel insulation . This type of durable outer jacket can add abrasion protection and signal shielding.