Pneumatic Parallel 2-Jaw Grippers with High Gripper Force
Please add to cart to keep it or exit the configuration
- Designed for Use in Applications Where Low Precision Positioning and Backlash Are Acceptable
- Excellent Choice for Diverter Gates, Escapements and Ejection Stations
- Multiple Body Mount Locations with Top and Bottom Mounting Using DIRECTCONNECT Robohand Technology
- Rotary Actuators Can Be Mounted and Operated in Any Orientation
- Double Acting Pneumatic Air Cylinder, Available in 90 or 180° Units
- Life Cycle of 5 Million Cycles Under Normal Use, Up to 10 Million Cycles with Proper Maintenance
- Requires Air Filtration of 40 Microns or Better
Edit OptionsView all models
Not all combinations are valid. Options compatible with previous selections will be in bold.
*Highlighted options are not compatible. Please select a different combination.
- Accuracy ±0.05 mm (±0.002")
- Air Filtration Needed 40 Micron or better
- Expected Durability - Normal Application 5 Million Cycle
- Gripping Motion Parallel
- Maximum Actuation Pressure 7 bar (100 psi)
- Maximum Ambient Temperature 80°C (180°F)
- Minimum Actuation Pressure 3 bar (40 psi)
- Minimum Ambient Temperature -35°C (-30°F)
- Repeatability ±0.05 mm (±0.002")
- Pneumatic Specifications Cylinder Type 4-way
- Valve Required to Operate 4-way
DPG Series Pneumatic Gripper is a parallel 2-jaw gripper with excellent parallelism and accuracy between the gripper mounting surface and jaw surface. Jaws can be mounted on the bottom or side and are supported throughout the length of the body to make this gripper an extremely robust, yet compact, design. They are also available with optional spring assist ("-C" option) on the close stroke to prevent the part from being dropped in case there is a loss of air pressure. They are available in stroke lengths from 6.4 to 25.4 mm (0.25" to 1.00") with a gripper force of 222 N (50 lbs). The DPG pneumatic gripper shielded design allows this gripper to be used in harsh environments.
The DPG pneumatic gripper is a modular component and can be mounted to DLT Linear slides or DRG Rotary Actuators without additional adaptor plates. They can be mounted on the top or side and have air ports on the top, side and front to support mounting and operation in any direction. Top manifold air ports can be used to help eliminate tubing and fittings at the gripper location. Accessory mounting slots make it easy to add magneto sensors and inductive sensor kits are available, the grippers have built in slots for inductive sensor targets.
Pneumatic linear motion automation components are double acting air cylinders that require a dry air supply with filtering to 40 microns or better. For best control of pneumatic components, flow control valves (regulating out) should be installed to regulate the speed of the device. Position sensors can easily be added to motion components to detect the end of travel positions of the slides, they are the standard method of communication with the PLC and are available in inductive or magneto resistive sensing styles and come in both PNP or NPN sourcing signals.